25 things only early noughties kids will understand
1. Searching for the perfect Myspace profile song that best conveyed your deeply complex soul.
2. Keeping that swooping side-fringe in place #thestrugglewasreal
3. When you were feeling artistic:
4. Getting out of your super-tight black skinnies like:
5. Post-selfie arm ache.
6. Your totally impractical school bag:
7. Evenings spent flirting on MSN. Will they guess my not-so-cryptic screen name is directed at them? Will they notice me if I log off and then back on? Screw it. I’m gonna nudge them.
8. Knowing you will never achieve the Delevingne brow because this was the fashion when you were growing up and you plucked out most of your eyebrow hair #sobsintopillow:
9. LimeWire basically killing your computer.
10. California dreaming: ‘No, but like, I am definitely moving there when I grow up’.
11. When bearing your soul to your crush involved Sharpies and a CD:
12. The heart-stopping, pupil-dilating moment when you logged in to see this:
13. Spending more time with your virtual family than your real-life family.
14. Referencing Shaggy every time someone accused you of something.
15. Feeling so loyal to Myspace you convinced yourself Facebook would never take off.
16. Crop tops and belly button piercings because, Britney.
17. Memorising the cheer routines from Bring It On.
18. You remember when Justin had his vengeance.
19. You still miss Woolworths.💔
20. Painful hair goals:
21. This is the Vause you remember:
22. Waiting for that letter to come and then cursing your simple muggle self when it didn’t arrive.
23. The satisfaction of opening and closing your flip-phone
24. Your sweet ride:
25. Thinking this was the most romantic thing you had ever seen.