Looking for 2018 bullying statistics?
Welcome to The Annual Bullying Survey 2018: the largest benchmark of bullying behaviours in the United Kingdom.
This year, we are celebrating our sixth annual edition of this crucial body of evidence; documenting the true extent and nature of bullying behaviours from the real and often unheard voices of the young people who experience it.
As always, 50% of the report benchmarks bullying behaviours, with the remainder of the survey this year exploring the bystanders to bullying. We wanted to measure the impact that bullying has on those who witness it, along with tracking if, how and why people intervene, along with a measurement of what happened as a result of intervention. This research enables us to bridge the gap when it comes to empowering bystanders to intervene in safe and impactful ways.
This year, we surveyed over 9,000 young people aged 12-20 in partnership with schools and colleges from across the country. Our free report has thousands of the latest bullying statistics and fully explores the real lived experiences of those who are victimised, those who perpetrate and those who witness bullying. Included in the report is the following:
- Key bullying statistics in the UK
- The motivations of bullying
- Frequency and nature of bullying experienced
- The impact of bullying
- Rates of young people bullying others
- Rationale behind the perpetration of bullying
- The extent and nature of witnessing bullying
- How young people intervene when they witness bullying
- Real stories and experiences