So the most magical time of the year is finally upon us and here at Ditch the Label, we couldn’t be more excited. But, we know this year might be a little different. Well, we think that we should always be able to laugh at ourselves when we get stuck in situations like this, which is why we put together this list of struggles only you will understand if you’re the last man standing over the festive break.
1) You think it’s going to be all fun and games…
Currently picturing hot chocolate, christmas films, pigs in blankets, gaming tournaments, the new Star Wars movie. Just literally everything that could ever bring you and the gang joy.
2) …Until you realise this year is different…
So it looks like you will be Billy No Mates until early 2021 *plays Lonely this Christmas on a loop.
3) …So the only games you’ll be having is Ker-plunk with your parents for the fiftieth time
Ohhh nooooo the balls all fell down the hooooole again. Oh well, you tried. You can play Rocket League now right?
4) No one is around to discuss all the epic Christmas TV specials with
All you want for Christmas is someone to watch the Gavin and Stacey special with, and are you going to get it? Nope.
5) And there is no one around to quote all your fave crimbo movies with either
“BUDDY THE ELF, WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR?” (they said to the empty room.)
6) Don’t even get us started on the horror show that will be your New Years Eve
Watching Jools Holland’s Hootenanny with your parents whilst you polish off the rest of the Roses, in bed before 11pm with a cup of tea. Any other day it might be wonderful, but when it’s what you’ve been doing all year, it’s not the one.
7) But it’s still the best time of the year
Christmas can be a bit rubbish for some, but it is also pretty epic. If you are stuck on your lonesome, don’t let it ruin your crimbo. Hang with the family, get your shopping done, do some solo festive fun stuff like baking up an entire gingerbread city. Most importantly, be happy.
And if in doubt, always remember, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
For daily inspiration, motivation, LOLs and love, follow us on Instagram @ditchthelabel