Being kind is more important now than ever before. The news is all pretty much doom and gloom, and we’ve all been through a lot in 2020, and it’s only July. That’s why we’ve partnered with the amazing guys over at Simple, who have teamed up with Little Mix, to inspire the UK to #ChooseKindness.
Being kind doesn’t have to be hard, and it doesn’t have to come in the form of some out of this world grand gesture (we’re not saying it can’t either). Kindness can be something so small that just puts a smile on someone else’s face, because even the tiniest bit of kindness can make a difference. So, here’s a list of 25 small acts of kindness that you can do to help us in our mission to make the world a better place.
- Make someone a cuppa
- Donate to an organization
- Check in on a friend
- Ask people how they really are doing
- Smile at someone in the street
- Volunteer somewhere that needs help right now
- Help out a neighbour
- Send someone a little gift to let them know you are thinking about them
- Comment something positive on a post
- Reconnect with someone you’ve lost contact with
- Leave a happy note for a loved one to find
- Gift someone one of the Simple x Little Mix Limited Edition Packs
- Pet a doggy (safely)
- Clean up without being asked
- Share the kindest thing someone has done for you on social media to inspire other people to take up the mission of #choosekindness
- Send a letter for no reason to someone you love
- Pay for the next person’s drive through/coffee/cake or shopping
- Be better to the planet and try out a waste-free day or week
- Support a local or small business
- Design or make something that will show someone you care
- Tell a friend they can always talk to you if they need to
- Encourage others to choose kindness with you on social media
- Tell someone you love them for no reason
- Leave a positive review of a business or service you’ve used
- Send someone to our Simple Hub for support and advice on all kinds of things that they might need help for.
And there you have it – 25 small acts of kindness that could make someone’s day. Give one of them a go and join in the #ChooseKindness movement. For more information on #ChooseKindness, check out the hub here.